Re: Fedora and the System Administrator

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 12:21, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 12:58, Miguel M wrote:
> > William Hooper wrote 2003-10-02
> >
> > >Seems to me if you buy a copy of RHEL in order to do this rebuild (as
> > >suggested) it would make more sense to just remove the non-distributable
> > >bits and install it on all your machines.
> >
> > Which exactly are those non-distributable bits?
> > How does one remove them?
> Last I checked, RHEL is completely GPL software.  In the case they are
> providing some non-redistributable bits, those would just be packaegs
> (perhaps Java?) that you would not include (altho you are quite free to
> download and use one of several Java VMs for Linux).

My understanding yes the java and some redhat trademarked stuff that is
supposed to be explained on the redhat or fedora website.

There has also been some posts to the redhat-list that indicate that
there is  a SOHO product/package in the works but no one is talking yet
what it might be.  Seems like the poster said that while details were
unavailable, it will be well received.

my $0.02 US