Re: Fedora and the System Administrator

[ Thought ]
Does anyone else feel like this is... dodgy? I want my site to be running RHEL as much as the next. But if we can't pay for it, we can't, and we'll find some other way to do it. I *know* that all of their work is covered by the GPL. But I feel that RedHat has paid their dues, and deserves to make money. It's just too bad that it can't be a bit more affordable.

[ Rant ]
It looks like my department is jumping ship; they just won't cough up for it. Which sucks, as I see lots of profs wondering how to blow the rest of their grant money and spending it on useless crap. Grrrr. I could put that to good use.

Meh.

--
e r i k   w i l l i a m s o n                     erik cpsc ucalgary ca
 system admin . department of computer science . university of calgary