Fedora and the System Administrator -- Red Hat v. SuSE it isnot ...

Buck RHList at towncorp.net
Fri Oct 3 03:58:32 UTC 2003

Ok, I wasn't discussing or comparing Enterprise.  That's out of my area
of interest at this time.

According to Sales, Professional  (the product I spent the most time on)
and Upgrade are the same thing.  The only difference is the printed
documentation comes with Pro for $30 more.  However, Rick very clearly
stated that the purchase of either Pro or Pro Upgrade included the
maintenance for the life of the product.  There was no extra charge.
There is a subscription service for the updates for $50 ea that allows
you to get the first releases, but there was no extra charge for the
maintenance updates.

I stand corrected on the SuSE cycle but remember that I was comparing
this to the, now deceased Red Hat Linux (such as version 8 and 9).

I have no doubt that if Red Hat made a comparable product I would be
more attracted to it, if for no other reason than the people on these
lists.

I do not talk about other products to promote them on here, I hope
everyone realizes that.  I am weighing my options and looking for the
one that is most compatible to my goals.

I have heard rumors that Red Hat is going to be announcing a possible
low-end product but until I hear it and see it, it doesn't exist.

Thanks
Buck