Fedora and the System Administrator -- there are a lot of variables here ...

David Holden dh at iucr.org
Fri Oct 3 09:37:56 UTC 2003

On Thursday 02 Oct 2003 10:05 pm, Bill Anderson wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 10:17, David Holden wrote:
> > On Thursday 02 Oct 2003 4:48 pm, William Hooper wrote:
> > > David Holden said:
> > > [snip]

> > > Repeat after me, Fedora is not Red Hat.  If the Fedora Legacy project
> > > can get you 2-3 years then it will be the Fedora Legacy project doing
> > > it, not Red Hat.
> >
> > I've no need to repeat this, I'm well aware of the difference thanks. The
> > above was making precisely the point that redhat won't be providing
> > security updates to Fedora.

ok, let me rei-write that sentence

"The above was making precisely the point that redhat won't be providing
 security updates to Fedora *version "x"*  covering the following 2-3 years of
its release"

 is this correct?

Most of what you say below re-enforces the above sentence no?

Personally the most important thing for me is security updates thats what I
subscribe to rhn for.

 Dave.

--
Dr. David Holden. (Systems Developer)