Re: Fedora and the System Administrator

Quoting Stephen Smoogen <smoogen lanl gov>:
> The only legal reading I have heard of it (not from RH) was that the
> GPL only really covers that a binary given will be given source code.

Or the "source code is made available" in some manner.

> It doesnt say that a person cant put addition restrictions on the
> binary.. only that it cant put restrictions on the distribution of
> the source code.

Correct.  But it doesn't guarantee you won't be charged for it either.  But
once you _do_ get it, there is no restrictions on it.

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.  mailto:b j smith ieee org  http://thebs.org
There is no greater ignorance than the popular American environ-