Re: Upgrade process for Fedora?

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 griffisb bellsouth net wrote:

> I see that Severn comes with Open Office 1.0.2 (at least I think it does, based on the applications list). Is there an RPM for OOo 1.1, or would I download, untar and install from OpenOffice.Org? How do I find out the versions of Gimp, Scribus and GnuCash that Fedora ships with?

I looked for an OO 1.1 RPM yesterday, and there isn't one around,
on the OO site anyway.

I upgraded using the tarball downloaded from the site (RH 9 system
actually)
Yes, I agree - much better to stick firmly with RPMs, and not get in a
muddle.
The upgrade was quite easy, and everything seems fine.

Contact me if you need help in doing the upgrade - and sorry I can't
point you towards a relevant RPM