Re: Boot Problem

On 2003 Oct 05 Sunday 12:06, Ozkan ALTUNER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded and installed severn. After successful installation it doesn't
> boot at all. I see the graphical boot screen but when it comes to "starting
> printing system" it hangs.
>
> How can i solve it?
>
> Thanks,
> Ozkan
It should be rebuilding your /etc/cups/ppds.dat. Other reason can be badly
configured/missing DNS. Wait a while and if nothing happends try booting
in single mode "linux single" and stopping all services (or just cups "service
cups off"), boot normaly, start them one by one "service x start" and see
what's wrong.

--
Regards,
  Doncho N. Gunchev