Clock Applet Problem

Gnome Clock Applet Shows GMT time even when the system is set to PDT.
In xterm windows, the time is correct. For example:
$ date
Tue Oct  7 08:40:50 PDT 2003

But clock applet shows:
15:40

I looked at the preferences of clock applet, checking/unchecking 'Use UTC' option has no effect on time displayed.

If I login as other user, the clock applet shows the right time. So I know that this is specific to the user settings. But where are the clock applet settings stored?

-amit