Re: Certification -- might I suggest LPI to _augment_ your Red Hatcertification?

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 14:27, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> <snip>Secondly, you _can_ (or at least could previously) get RHEL AS as a low-cost
> (sub-$100?) "developer" subscription.  It's not guaranteed (let alone
> supported) as the full version, but it _does_ give you a "developer" version --
> something you could run athome.

Be advised that up2date will not work, or rather does not update even if
you buy the subscription on the developer edition. I made that mistake
and within a day a hacker hijacked the machine. You will have to
manually patch all of your systems. And mind you, there are a lot of
patches.
Just my 2c.