Re: installing Fedora test on a spare drive

On Oct  7, 2003, Scott Seagroves <scott ucolick org> wrote:

> Assuming your "stable" release is something like RH9, do you have
> separate "home" directories for the two releases, or how do you deal
> with the potential differences in your dotfiles and other configurations
> across releases?

I use the same home directory.  In general, after installing a new
release, I log in on a test box in the new version, reboot it into the
old version, log in and see that nothing breaks.  If something does, I
file a bug report, take a snapshot of the relevant config files in the
home directory for emergencies, and life goes on :-)

Red Hat GCC Developer                 aoliva {redhat com, gcc.gnu.org}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        oliva {lsd ic unicamp br, gnu.org}