startup/stop init scripts for gdm/kdm

Due to repeated failures on freshly burned CD's I ended up doing a
minimal install and adding packages as I needed over the network.

I am curious about why startup scripts for /etc/init.d weren't packaged
with kdm or gdm when I added them.

Anyone have any ideas?

I can make them myself but just curious why they weren't created.

Are they part of another package?  Auto created by some other tool?

-Chris

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin,
Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759