Re: fedora versus fedora test

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 03:21:13AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> there's also the fact that bugzilla allows you to submit bugs only
> against "fedora core", not "fedora core test".  granted, at the moment,
> there *is* only one release of fedora, but technically, that's a test
> version so, strictly speaking, bugzilla doesn't even have a category
> for the current version.
>
> someone should really clarify this.

This isn't true at all . . . quoted from the text describing the "Fedora
Core" product:

"Fedora Core - Bugs related to the Core components of the Fedora Product
distribution. If reporting against a 'test release' then please choose
'test1' as the version. If reporting against a stable release then choose
the release number you are using as the version."

We're keeping all of the stuff grouped under the same product, as that will
make it far easier for querying bugs and the like, and it's easier to
understand, from the user prospective, where bugs should go.

- jkt

--
Jay Turner, QA Technical Lead      jkt redhat com             Red Hat, Inc.

        Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
                                                   - Albert Einstein