Drivers and vendor support?

Benjamin J. Weiss benjamin at weiss.name
Fri Oct 10 12:49:57 UTC 2003

One of the big reasons I stuck with RedHat was that it enjoyed what I saw as
the largest amount of vendor support for a linux distro.  nvidia had binary
drivers, program authors often had RH specific rpms, etc.

Will RH and FC work to migrate that to FC?  Has anybody called nvidia and
said "well, we're splitting RH into RHEL and Fedora Core, will you put out
drivers for both?" or something?

After reading here from RH employees that *RH* isn't abandonging Fedora, I
just was wondering whether *vendors* would be doing so...

Thanks!

Ben