easy networking question (maybe)

I was trying to set up Fedora as a web server. (my first under my new ISP,
which is Verizon DSL.) Well, I couldn't get anyone outside my lan to see my
web server. It ends up, Verizon blocks port 80. Of course I can get out to
other sites, but no one can view my page. I was told though, that I could
use other ports instead of 80. Is this true?

Josh