Re: easy networking question (maybe)

On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 04:32:01PM -0400, josh lynch wrote:
> Here's my /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file. I changed all of the port
> listings to "8008". I've tried it through my IIS server and it works fine.
> I'm not sure what I'm missing.
> I've restarted the services of course after changes. my fedora server is

There is the problem, I think. Your server IP address is
which is on a private piece of the internet, not reachable from the
outside. So you must be behind some firewall/router which does NAT (name
address translation).

To be reachable over the internet, you must find out your real IP
number, and perhaps also make sure the NAT firewall or router knows
where to forward packages which have your web server port as their
destination. Of course, if this firewall or router is outside your
control (e.g. at your internet provider) then there is not much you can
do about it.

David Jansen
David Jansen            mailto:jansen strw leidenuniv nl
Leiden Observatory                ( Sterrewacht Leiden )
P.O. Box 9513,      2300 RA Leiden,      The Netherlands
Phone: (+31) 71 5275810            Fax: (+31) 71 5275819