Re: acpi - battery monitor

On Sun, 2003-10-12 at 17:02, John Pantone wrote:
> I installed Fedora Core (test) using the acpi=on option (and the
> resolution=1400x1050 option). Works fine, but has only the most minimalistic
> acpi support - not even battery status. Am I missing something, or is this
> support just not yet in the supplied kernel?

It's not in the kernel; ACPI is just used for device enumeration.  I'm
not personally sure why they did this, but the reasons can probably eb
found in the list archives and/or the website.

You can grab the source RPMs and rebuild with ACPI (perhaps even with a
new ACPI patch); this is what I've done for my laptop, and it works
wonderfully.

AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.