Apt vs. Yum vs. up2date?

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Wed Oct 15 19:14:50 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 14:02, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Oct 15, 2003, "Ernest L. Williams Jr." <ernesto at ornl.gov> wrote:
>
> > Oi,
> > Tudo Bem.
>
> Oi :-)
>
> > I would like to try this YUM, APT thing is it easy to use.
> > Can I simply just type up2date?
>
> Yup.  You may not even notice that test3 is configured to use the
> rawhide yum repository by default.

I have certainly noticed that I have not had to deal with fiddly
surveys, constant email confirmations, warnings about account
expirations referring me to usage policy documents, fruitless attempts
to manage entitlements, expired SSL certificates with no advance warning
given, unavailable channels, and temporarily disabled access do to high
load whenever anything important is released.

All in all, yum rocks.