Re: Fedore 0.95 Nautilus SMB error

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 11:00, W. Chris Shank wrote:
> I installed fedora 0.95 and I'm now getting this message when i attempt
> to use SMB:/// browser in nautilus (and similar one in konqueror).
> Couldn't display "smb:///", because Nautilus cannot contact the SMB
> master browser.
> My server is still running samba - my Win2K machine connected to it just
> fine. I made sure smb and nmb are running locally. This was  working ok
> on 0.94.
> Any ideas anyone?

Just had the same problem and solved it last night. Is your firewall
enabled per chance? If so, this will interfere with samba - even if you
have set the firewall to allow *all* traffic on your network interface.

I'm not 100% certain this is a bug, but I think it might be.

"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,
try orderin' someone else's dog around."
--Cowboy Wisdom