Wireless Link Monitor

I just bought a Dell Inspiron 600m. SInce the built in Intel wireless
interface isn't supported I picked up a Belkin card based on the atmel
chipset. After downloading and compiling the driver for sourceforge I
got the wireless netwrok working.

I added the wireless link monitor to the panel and it seems to know when
the interface is active versus not active. However , when it is active it
always lists the link as 82%. /proc/net/wireless shows varying values
of signal strength.

Is this a problem due to the atmel driver, or this a bug in Fedora I need
to add the bugzilla? I searched bugzilla for wireless link monitor and
received no hits.

Thanks,

Philip