Re: missing RPM in desktop install -- xsri-2.1.0-6

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 15:52, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> >> I get 80%+ through installation of a default desktop installation, and
> >> the installation stops at "The package xsri-2.1.0-6 cammnot be opened.
> >>  This is due to a missing file or perhaps a corrup package..."

I see this all the time.  Why is it that the installer doesn't allow you
to retry a package ... and instead errors out and dies...

I actually tested my media and I still had the problem at some point in
my installation.

Bottom line though it shouldn't just die.  Give a chance to retry,
abort, or ignore...and continue giving that chance until the USER
decides to abort.

Maybe I have 3 or for disks...1 may go bad but I have more.  I can burn
new ones in a couple of minutes...etc.

-Chris

"Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of
all subversions. It is the one un-American act that could most easily
defeat us." - Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas