missing RPM in desktop install -- xsri-2.1.0-6

Alan Peery peery at io.com
Thu Oct 23 19:35:55 UTC 2003

ekg at tricity.wsu.edu wrote:

>1) Recalculate the dependancy tree at that point, leaving out the file(s)
>   that could not be read and their dependancies.

I favor this option strongly.  Any of the other solutions add
dependencies that you didn't have, and thus make things considerably
more complicated.  Recovery from this option is also
straightforward--install the missing bits.

It becomes tricky, however, if there is a circular dependency and one of
the two packages is already installed correctly.  (If RPM allows
circular dependencies at all...)  I suppose the next step then would be
the removal of the other package and all dependent packages.

Alan