Re: missing RPM in desktop install -- xsri-2.1.0-6

ekg tricity wsu edu wrote:

1) Recalculate the dependancy tree at that point, leaving out the file(s)
that could not be read and their dependancies.

I favor this option strongly. Any of the other solutions add dependencies that you didn't have, and thus make things considerably more complicated. Recovery from this option is also straightforward--install the missing bits.

It becomes tricky, however, if there is a circular dependency and one of the two packages is already installed correctly. (If RPM allows circular dependencies at all...) I suppose the next step then would be the removal of the other package and all dependent packages.

Alan