Latest up2date problem

Sean Earp smearp at mac.com
Tue Oct 28 01:24:47 UTC 2003

On Oct 27, 2003, at 2:16 PM, Philip Balister wrote:

> I installed the gnome development packages. Up2date noticed some
> needed to be
> upgraded. Now up2date hangs when the "Fetching obsoletes list ..." box
> shows 100% complete.
>
> Philip

Philip-

I would assume that you are running Up2Date through rawhide...  This is
a known problem that cropped up with the latest Up2date release.

Simply type         rm -f /var/spool/up2date/rawhide*

Re-run up2date and you should be off and running.  You need to be root
when running the above command, and note the *(start) on the end of the
command.  Hope this helps,

-Sean