Kernel compilation

Ted Kaczmarek tedkaz at optonline.net
Wed Oct 29 11:53:29 UTC 2003

Good luck, I am in the same boat, odds are the it will fail building on
something. You can get their, but in my case it typically involved
ripping out support I didn't need anyway. The default config is a good
starting point and you may get lucky and it will build, but I am willing
to wager that something will fail when  you do a make modules :-)

mkinitrd is what you build the initrd image.
I avoid this by not using modules for anything I need on boot anyway.

In my case I don't think I would ever be unloading my scsi driver or
ext3 anyway :-)

Ted