Laptop power saving

Does anyone have a summary of what laptop power saving type features are
expected to work on Fedora Core? For example echo N > /proc/acpi/procesor/
performance doesn't seem to adjust the clock speed.

Any comments on laptop things would be helpful. By and larger I am very
happy with Fedora on my Dell Inspiron 600M.

Philip