rpm lockups - argh

Barry K. Nathan barryn at pobox.com
Tue Sep 23 01:43:08 UTC 2003

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 09:25:53AM -0400, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> Would I be correct in assuming that this won't help in the least for
> graphical updaters or other apps, as they most likely use librpm?  (and
> wouldn't use that alias anyhow even if they didn't)  I almost never use
> the plain rpm command.  :(

How do you know it's rpm locking up then, if you almost never use the
plain rpm command? (If up2date tracebacks for some reason and you didn't
run it from the command line, it may appear to freeze instead, for
instance. I filed that in Bugzilla shortly after the RHL 9 release,
although I don't remember the bug number right now.)

Also, could you try running the command "getconf GNU_LIBPTHREAD_VERSION"
and tell us the output? (I might have other advice based on the output
of this command.)

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn at pobox.com>