New Releases

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Tue Sep 23 16:49:22 UTC 2003

My experience with support is that many open source projects were
getting very tired of having to support old versions of 0.01 xyz app
that shipped with Red Hat 7.3 because lots of people use it and hadnt
updated to RHL9 or didnt want to put a non distro RPM of the latest and
greatest.

The OS groups would tell the user to upgrade or else, and the user would
tell RH or complain on lists that RH is soooo behind the curve.