thank you red Hat

Buck RHList at towncorp.net
Fri Sep 26 20:13:24 UTC 2003

I know Red Hat has been seeing me waiver a bit as I try to sort this all
out, but I, at least in principal, agree with the author.  Red Hat's
decision is a good business decision.  It lets them focus on their
profit operation and supports the open source project for the rest of
us.  It may be due to selfish motivation, i.e. they can benefit from it,
but unless I am wrong, they could have left the Fedora project in a
position where it doesn't release an actual Linux but gives them the
open source code to work with.  (No doubt, I'll be corrected or
clarified here).

Buck