IBM TSM-client under Fedora Core 1?

dballester at kernpharma.com dballester at kernpharma.com
Fri Apr 2 10:04:35 UTC 2004

I'm using TSM. Server is RHAS2.1, client/admin is my Fedora laptop ;).

      Seems tant you need compatlibs, don't force installations, never!.

First of all, try to know in what rpm comes this missing lib, for example,
googling like this

http://www.google.es/search?q=libstdc%2B%2B-libc6.2-2.so&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=es&btnG=B%C3%BAsqueda+en+Google&meta
=

the first result says that this lib comes with
compat-gcc-c++-7.3-2.96.118.i3868, then, remove tsm installation ( rpm -e
), satisfy deps ( install compat-libs for 7.3

Try to install TSM again

HTH

David Ballester Montolio
Responsable de Sistemas y Comunicaciones
Kern Pharma, S.L.
www.kernpharma.com

GNU!

|         |           Ewald Jenisch      |
|         |           <a at jenisch.at>     |
|         |           Enviado por:       |
|         |           fedora-list-bounces|
|         |           @redhat.com        |
|         |           02/04/2004 10:47   |
|         |           Por favor, responda|
|         |           a For users of     |
|         |           Fedora Core        |
|         |           releases           |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                             |
  |     Para:     fedora-list at redhat.com                                                                                        |
  |     cc:                                                                                                                     |
  |     Asunto:   IBM TSM-client under Fedora Core 1?                                                                           |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi,

I'm having a hard time getting the TSM-client (IBM Tivoli Storage
Manager - basically a hierarchical backup system) to run under
FC1. Since there's no separate version of this client available for
FC1 I tried with the client that worked under RH8 and RH9.

First of all, when I try to install the .rpms rpm complains with an
error that a required library is missing:

# rpm -i TIVsm-API.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 is needed by TIVsm-API-5.2.2-0
#

Forcing the installation with "--nodeps" doesn't help much since I get
the same error, that this particular library is missing when trying to
run the program.

So my questions are:

o) Has anybody out there got the TSM client for linux running under FC1?

o) Where can I get hold of this library?
(libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3). Couldn't find it in the FC1 distro...

TIA much for any help,
-ewald