Latest FC kernel still have SMP bugs?

Norman Gaywood norm at turing.une.edu.au
Fri Apr 2 20:11:30 UTC 2004

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 11:31:06AM +0100, Nigel Wade wrote:
> I guess I'm back to square one. The system won't operate in SMP with the FC
> kernel and won't operate at all without a FC kernel. So it looks like
> Fedora is snafu'd.
>
> Unfortunately, RH9/RHEL3 don't have the version of LDAP I require, and when
> I tried an upgrade to openldap I started getting FUTEX locking problems.

Install the RHEL3 kernel on FC1. I installed:

kernel-smp-2.4.21-9.0.1.EL
kernel-smp-unsupported-2.4.21-9.0.1.EL

from mirror.physics.ncsu.edu:/pub/whitebox/3.0/en/updates/i686

This has been working well for me. You need to use the rpm switches:

rpm --oldpackage -i kernel*

--
Norman Gaywood, Systems Administrator
School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science

norm at turing.une.edu.au            Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 2412
http://turing.une.edu.au/~norm    Fax:   +61 (0)2 6773 3312