dual-head

Justin Georgeson jgeorgeson at lopht.net
Sat Apr 3 01:52:57 UTC 2004

I have a fully updated Fedora Core 1 installation, with the
2.4.22-1.2174.nptlsmp kernel. I've been using a PCI Voodoo2 with the
tdfx driver for a long time with no problems. I recently installed an
AGP Riva TNT2 and loaded the nvidia proprietary driver and nvidia-glx
from the livna.org repository. The TNT2 card works quite nicely. But X
no longer sees the Voodoo2 card, so I can't get dual-head up and
running. I tried installing Alan Cox's Voodoo driver from the
fedora-test-list list, but it had the same result. The X log says this

(WW) TDFX: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:11:0) found

And lspci confirms that this is the right ID

00:0b.0 VGA compatible controller: 3Dfx Interactive, Inc. Voodoo 3 (rev 01)

Is dual-head supported limited to combinations of PCI cards under Linux?