eth2 on A7N8X-E? (fedora2-test1)

Lennart Jonsson lelle2 at bonetmail.com
Sat Apr 3 16:26:19 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 17:52 +0200, Zoltan Boszormenyi wrote:
> Do you really have two other network card besides the onboard one?

The motherboard comes with two onboard network cards, one of them (eth0)
is working ok, the other one (eth2) is not working.

> The driver for you nforce2 finds its hardware as "eth0".
> If you use system-config-network then delete all the other ethernet
> references
> and set  it up again.

I have removed and added eth2 a couple of times, still no success. I
must admit that I'm quite confused on the mechanisms to get this
working. If I look in:

[root at as1-6-6 root]# cat /etc/modprobe.conf
include /etc/modprobe.conf.dist
[...]
alias eth2 forcedeth

and in:

[root at as1-6-6 root]# cat /etc/modprobe.conf.dist
# default modutils aliases
alias binfmt-204 binfmt_aout
[...]
install eth0 /bin/true
[...]

This was generated by the installation, and I have no idea whether it
makes sense or not.

/Lennart

[...]