Firewire hard drive not detected or mountable

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Sun Apr 4 04:18:04 UTC 2004

On Apr  2, 2004, Brian Bober <netdemonz at yahoo.com> wrote:

> If I just wait, will the support be added eventually?

Depends on whether the problem in ieee1394 drivers is fixed in the
upstream kernel.  ATM, they're known to be utterly broken, so it makes
no sense to enable them.  I know the linux1394 maintainer has been
working on merging some fixes into Linus' tree, so hopefully we'll
soon have working ieee1394 in the kernel releases FC2 devel is
tracking.

But this is not a fedora-list issue, so please follow up to
fedora-test-list.