extend EOL for Red Hat Linux 9?

Jeremy Hogan jhogan at redhat.com
Sun Apr 4 17:40:43 UTC 2004

> > Personally, I don't think this is necessary; just a month or so of
> > overlapping support for both RHL9 and FC2 should be sufficient.
> >
> BTW: I was wrong. As far as I know there are no plans at fedoralegacy to
> take over RH9.

>From their FAQ:

Q: What version of RHL and FC will be supported, and for how long?

We are currently supporting Red Hat Linux 7.2, 7.3, and 8.0 as these
have reached their End-of-Life (EOL).

When Red Hat Linux 9 becomes EOL on April, 31 2004, we will start legacy
support for it as well.

As Fedora Core releases become EOL, we will provide support for them on
a 1-2-3 and out policy, providing for roughly 1.5 years of update
support for each release.

--jeremy