is freshrpms down?

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Sun Apr 4 18:10:31 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 15:52, will wrote:
> Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> > Am Sa, den 03.04.2004 schrieb Joolz um 14:35:
> >

> >>Hello everyone,
> >>
> >>I'm trying to do an apt-get upgrade, but ftp and ayo at freshrpms time
> >>out. Am I doing something wrong or are the download servers down? Btw
> >>I can reach http://freshrpms.net...
> >>
> >>TIA
> >
> > Probably a temporary error or on your side. No problems here right now,
> > even not before.
> >
> > Alexander
>
> I had the same problem.  I got a timeout, then much later I got a 503
> Service unnavailble, trying later on got me a 404, later it started
> working again.
>
> Will.

I tried /http://freshrpms.net a few days ago (and again just now 14:00
DST US east coast) and had no problems. As I stated before I had the
same problem during heavy traffic [I.E. a secondary server] with another
site who had a poisoned route (Bad DNS information) . If this is the
case, you need to determine which server has this issue and rattle the
cage of their I.T. staff to fix the problem.
No it isn't easy or fun.
--
jludwig <wralphie at comcast.net>