Acrobat Reader problem

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Sun Apr 4 17:05:37 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-04-04 at 14:00, Jose Kilpua wrote:
> Hi everyone !
>
> I downloaded Acrobat Reader for Linux from Adobe. I installed it - no
> errors.
> Now I try to use it (as user and as root) , it says Aborted. What I should
> do, to get it running?
> I am using latest stable kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
> [jose at josehost bin]$ /usr/local/Acrobat5/bin/acroread /home/jose/TSG03.pdf
> Warning: charset "UTF-8" not supported, using "ISO8859-1".

The error message is a hint that the default LANG of Fedora, UTF-8, is
not supported by Acroread.  To get it to run, just set/export
"LANG=ISO8859-1" or "LANG=" before running acroread.  If you export,
make sure to set it back after running acroread.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves