Installation of the latest release

Randy Kelsoe randykel at swbell.net
Sun Apr 4 22:30:18 UTC 2004

Naron wrote:

> Have downloaded the version of Fedora released about a week ago,
> confirmed the images and burnt them to cd.  They do not boot however
> on startup of my machine.  As I am hanging out to see the product I
> was wondering if anyone knew of a FAQ that could help me.  I have had
> a look at the download section on the official website and it does not
> appear to help.  Am happy to answer any questions that I may.
>
> Also, if this has been asked 15000 times before, please email me
> direct with any advice as I dont want to waste peoples time with the
> same old stuff.  I would go searching for answers but have to head off
> to work and want to be part of it all as soon as possible.

This was asked last week and answered on this list. You need to
subscribe to 'fedora-test-list', since you are using a different version
than what is covered here. From what I read, there is a bug in the
installer, and you have to get and burn the first Fedora Core 1 disc,
boot from it, then insert your first disk from Fedora Core Test 2.