Display problem with Intel 865 Chipset

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Mon Apr 5 10:17:53 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 11:10, Murali P wrote:
>  Hello Friends
> I have an Intel 865 mother board: P-IV 2.4 Ghz
> processor.
> I've installed Fedora FC1, everything is fine except
> the display which is awful.It doesn't work at all.I
> shall thank anyone who can throw some light on this.
> Murali
Good morning Murali.

Can I suggest when you want to start a new topic, that you create a new
email, and not reply to an existing one and change the subject (it
causes problems for people using a threaded mail reader similar to news
groups).

With regards to your problem, what have you done to try and trouble
shoot this?

You say the display is awful (suggesting it works) and then that it
doesn't work at all. Which is it? As I assume this will make a big
difference to people trying to help you.

If you boot to run level 3 (press "a" at the grub boot screen and append
3 to the end of a line leaving a space of course), log in as root, and
then run redhat-config-xfree86 --reconfigure, after configuring this, do
you get a better display?

This may be of use?
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/118623

Sorry I can't help much more, but I (at least) need more information.

Doug