GUMBY GRUB

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook jtwdyp at ttlc.net
Mon Apr 5 07:45:29 UTC 2004

It would appear that on Apr 5, Douglas Furlong did say:

> On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 03:06, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:

> > No lilo <sigh> incidentally "# which lilo" didn't help either...
> >
> > I presume I can get an rpm for it, but is there one specifically for
> > fedora? Or will I have to look for a generic lilo rpm? At the moment, I
> > don't even know where to look for rpms that are built for fedora yet,
> > care to point me in the right direction?
>
> I just ran yum search lilo on my fedora machine and it came back with
> Available package: lilo.i386 0:21.4.4-24 from base matches with
>  lilo
>
> I am running an rsync'd repository locally, off of
> www.mirror.ac.uk/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1
> Can you not run yum install lilo?
>
> Doug

Probably can as soon as I figure yum out...

I'm not that new to linux, But some of the tools do vary from distro to
distro... The way you describe it I suspect this "yum" is something like
the "urpmi" tool that mandrake likes...

Is there a good yum how-to around???