OH @$#%%$$#^ Fedora doesn't do mc pine or lyx ???????????

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook jtwdyp at ttlc.net
Mon Apr 5 07:47:56 UTC 2004

It would appear that on Apr 5, William Penton did say:

> Have you checked the install cds?  Because during installation it states that
> all of the packages are not listed and if you want pine or lyx (I like lynx)
> then you will need to install it off of the cds =]
>
> I hope this helps you.
>
>   -William Penton

Thanks William. It took a bit for me to find mc & oh yeah lynx (the text
browser) on the cds... I'm so used to mc that it took hours before I
remembered that I could use konqueror to browse the cd's. But pine and
*LyX were NOT there. (*LyX, the word processor like gui front end to LaTeX )
Fortunately Glen Shadbolt told me where I could find fedora rpms for
them. By the way, I like lynx to... I'm hopping this turns out to be the
version of it with the ssl and frames support...

So if fedora core can have, mc, pine, lynx, & lyx, then I'm sure it will
work for me.