Acrobat Reader problem

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Mon Apr 5 14:41:35 UTC 2004

Michael A. Peters wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 07:23, Clint Harshaw wrote:
>
> pdf2ps file.pdf |lpr
>

>>I can't seem to print with gpdf -- this has been discussed before on the
>>list -- and that is a serious hinderance for an app designed to work
>>with documents typically headed for a printer! I hope this is one of the
>>features that will be included in FC2.
>>
>>Clint

Well, that wasn't what I was addressing <grin>. Of course I *can* simply
lpr file.pdf (as I do routinely on the .tex files I write), but the
issue is about gpdf, when used as an alternative to acroread.

What I was calling attention to, is the lack of any print capability
within gpdf. xpdf does, however, have printing capability.

Open any pdf with gpdf and try to print it within gpdf. There isn't a
way to do it. This is an obvious "duh" omission for an application
designed to work with print-oriented files. Hopefully, this feature will
be included in FC2.

Clint