Installation.

Doncho N. Gunchev mr700 at globalnet.bg
Tue Apr 6 07:02:27 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 06 April 2004 06:07, Kc2LTO - Andrew Ragone wrote:
> Sorry ... that's crappy Microsoft for you [I typed it in plain text].
> Anyway, I am trying FC1 and it is still not working. I get to the boot
> screen and it hangs....
    Try typing 'linux ide=nodma nofb text' for FC1 install. When it
hangs - when you start installing or after you've installed it and
it is starting for first time? For me the instalation does not spawn
shell on tty2 untill I add 'ide=nodma', but works fine afterwards
without this. I also had to disable rhgb in order to have mouse
(gpm)...

--
Regards,
  Doncho N. Gunchev    Registered Linux User #291323 at counter.li.org
  GPG-Key-ID: 1024D/DA454F79
  Key fingerprint = 684F 688B C508 C609 0371  5E0F A089 CB15 DA45 4F79