ssh problem

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Apr 7 16:30:34 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 07.04.2004 schrieb Mario St-Gelais um 18:07:

> When I try to connect from say my p3 machine to p2 machine using ssh,
> something goes obviously wrong.
>
> After typing ssh p2 and hitting enter, I am asked for the password then
> I returned to the p3 prompt.  And if I type exit then I get the message
> "connection to p2 closed" just like if I was connected but it appears I
> am not.  On the other hand, I can conect without problem from p2 to p3
> or from a win XP machine to p2 via putty, no problem...
>
> I am puzzled.

Check the /etc/hosts file on "p3" machine - from above I conclude that
is the machine from which ssh to "p2" looks that weird.

If that does not show already a wrong IP <--> hostname entry, then run
"ssh -v -v p2" to get a verbose output.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 18:28:05 up 19 days, 2:09, load average: 1.16, 1.13, 1.09
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]