Fedora mount a corrupted Win Fat32 (vfat) file system

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Wed Apr 7 22:02:29 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 22:42, Rick Stevens wrote:
> IIRC, if you used dd to grab the CD's data from a raw device, e.g.
> "dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/some/file", then "/some/file" will be an ISO
> image since you grabbed the sector-by-sector layout of the disk.  This
> is handy to make copies of CDs.  I've done it many times.

Ok look I appoligise for taking over this thread I am leaving it alone
after this response.

Hi Rick you are quite right about the CDs but if you where paying
attention :~> you would see that I created this image from a Hard drive
connected via a USB port not a cd. I know that with CDs it works, and
what has got Andy interested is that fact that its not supposed to be
possible to mount an image of a hdd as an iso9660.
But the genie in my PC is allowing it.

Anyway thanks for your 2c. in truth I was just trying to help Guolin
and it seems we are taking over his thread and not solving his problem.
If need be I will start a new thread for this discussion,

Later

--
Chadley - Linux Rocks
Welcome to my world.