no Reply-To: header

T. Ribbrock emgaron at gmx.net
Thu Apr 8 14:18:28 UTC 2004

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 07:28:43AM +0100, Dave Cross wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 08:21:26AM +0200, Joolz wrote:
[...]
> > Many people on this (and other) mailing list(s) don't use a "Reply-To:
> > [list]". I use Mutt, is there a way to have Mutt use the To: address
> > (not the From: address) when making a reply? Thanks!

> Instead of using "r" to reply, use "g" for "group reply". That will
> send the reply to all email addresses in the original email. This
> will include the mailing list address.
[...]

Please don't use 'g' - it will not only reply to the list, but also send
an *extra* copy to the original author of the mail. Many people (including
myself) have no need for such an extra copy. mutt's list features have
are excellent and have been described in another posting in this thread.

Cheerio,

Thomas
--
===> Netiquette - read it, use it: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html <===