Is Linux always so frustating^

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Apr 8 16:34:07 UTC 2004

pinco wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like answer to each of you, but it would take a lot of time!
>
> In general I thank you all very much for helping me to be more confident
> with Linux/Fedora. Your experience will help.
>
> I surely have to learn a lot and I will (Bart Kalita, I think I have "a
> bit of intelligence"), but when I wrote that message I was very
> depressed :(
>
> I'll try again to install Quanta and I'll ask your help if I fail!
>
> My message wasn't clear enough to those who thought I was finding bugs
> and, in particular, arguing against Linux and for Windows (I think I
> know its problems and that I have to buy everything!): I ask them to
> forgive me.
>

> Thanks a lot for your patience!
>
> Ciao,
> Nino

We all have to learn some times.  Patience with anything new is
something that many people don't have now adays.  Of course Microsoft
depends on this.

I have had my problems with Linux and hardware and it has been
compounded by manufacturers that provide drivers only to find that the
drivers do not provide full features.  My latest problem was with a
ATI 9600 and no DRI using the ATI supplied drivers.  I replaced it
with a Nvidia.

--
Robin Laing