A curse on LABEL=

Aaron Konstam akonstam at trinity.edu
Fri Apr 9 23:26:35 UTC 2004

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 05:15:09PM +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> prata at kuei-jin.org wrote:
> I must make a list of pet grouses about RH/Fedora Linux.
>
> Off the top of my head, three of these are
>
> (1) "They" are now forcing us to use Disk Druid.
> At least we used to be given the choice of fdisk if we asked nicely.
> I find Disk Druid very annoying - it takes on itself
> to tell me how I should partition my disk,
> and won't let me do it the way I want.
It is not necessary. If at the point when you are about to get to disk
druid you type (crl-alt-F!) or in may be F2. This will take you to a
shell where you can type: fdisk /dev/hd?
and then partition with fdisk.

> I don't mind at all - in fact I approve -
> of the user being provided with a default partitioning scheme
> if he/she so wishes.
>
> (3) I don't understand all this crowing over rhgb -
> I'd rather read what is happening than watch a snail crawl across the screen
> Of course I don't mind people running rhgb if they like,
> but I don't think it should be the default.
If you don't want to use rhgb remove this from the ned of the kernel
line in /etc/grub.conf
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University