PageMaker 4.0 Files

alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri Apr 9 23:14:44 UTC 2004

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Greg Ennis wrote:

> Sorry if this question is not related to Fedora problems.  I would like
> to use Fedora to manage some old PageMaker version 4.0 files.  Does
> anyone know of a conversion tool for PageMaker or any software that
> reads PM4 files.

Pagemaker 4 and crossover office is about your only possible option.  I
don't know of anything that reads that file format, including current
versions of pagemaker.  (And I seem to remeber that it does not export to
anything that is editable (like Quark or Framemaker) either.)

Not a good option, but that is the problem with old proprietary formats.
(I have a bunch of files in that format on disks somewhere.)