Fedora core 1 live cd?

John McBride jmcbride at ccis.com
Sat Apr 10 16:17:03 UTC 2004

Matt H wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 13:38, John McBride wrote:
>
>>I've looked through all the "live cd" stuff on distrowatch.com--a lot of
>>it is just scripts and makefiles "that should work with fedora" or
>>"someone said their fedora image booted" or whatever.
>
> There are a number of Live CDs based on Fedora Core 1. One actively
> developed and mature product you may wish to use is The ADIOS Project.
> http://dc.qut.edu.au/adios/. Search the archives for others.

Yes I've tried this one, it's listed on distrowatch.com. Here is the
list of problems I found with ADIOS:

1) Developers claim a stable release to level 3.04, but this is not on
any mirror, and they restrict access to their servers.

2) Version 3.01 appears to be very "Fedora-like", but while rpm shows an
".nptl" kernel installed, uname shows a much older kernel running. An
additional test shows posix threads are not in the running kernel.

3) Some kind of error message flashes the screen on bootup.

Hopefully the latest version, if it ever traverses to the mirrors, will
fix these issues. If not we'll try to get the nptl Fedora kernel to
build and boot on it. If that doesn't work, we'll just keep waiting and
trying other things.

In some ways "PE Builder" (the MS Windows boot CD tool) is farther along
than Linux! Will keeping lookig for something as smooth as Knoppix
running Fedora.

---
John