Accessing FAT32

Satheesh Babu Vemasani vsbabu72 at vsnl.net
Sun Apr 11 06:26:56 UTC 2004

I have a dual boot on my machine Windows 2000 server and RH 9 both on two different hard drives. I have 4 partitions on one hard drive on which Windows is installed. one partition out of these 4 is FAT 32 which i would like to access from RH 9.

 I tried mounting with the following but of no use.

mount -t DOS /dev/hdb4 /mnt/windows
mount -t MSDOS /dev/hdb4 /mnt/windows
mount -t DOS /dev/hda4 /mnt/windows
mount -t MSDOS /dev/hda4 /mnt/windows

It says DOS file system does not exist. My '/' and '/boot' are ext2 file systems. I would like to have another partion for FC1.

How can i access this FAT 32  partition from RH 9 ?

Thanks,
Satheesh