hardisk full

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon Apr 12 15:46:46 UTC 2004

Laurence Orchard wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 06:12, Jeff Vian wrote:
>

>>Bilal Dar wrote:
>>

>>>Well thanks but i am not even at this step now, my new device is /dev/hdb. I made two partitions /dev/hdb1 and /dev/hdb2. Now what should be my next step. I dont know what to do next.
>>>
>>>Thanks

oops.  I overlooked that since he said he had already created the
partitions.

You are right and he needs to do that before he does step two above.
I would use     " mke2fs -j /dev/hdbX " for each of the new partitions.
I don't really think he needs the -c options since he says this is a new
disk, but it never hurts and  the only cost is time.